Sunday, June 2, 2013

Hello, Feet!


Barefoot Crochet Sandals by AkBro on Etsy
 
I am on a something of a blogging hiatus while I work on separating my life from my husband's.  (Figuring out what parts to separate and what parts to keep intact while we transition to the nesting model of childcare takes a lot of care and emotional energy.)   Meanwhile, I have also put off  the seasonal ritual of treating my feet to a lovely pedicure and letting them see the sun through sandals once again.  I was determined this time to seek out an eco-friendly spa that would not use the many toxic chemicals used in nail polish and polish remover (especially toluene, dibutyl phthalate (DBP) and formaldehyde ).  So my feet continue to wait.  Then today I came across this terrific blog post  in a lovely blog called Gratitude 2013 about a spot nearby in Silver Spring.  (Thank you, Universe!)
 
 
 
It's called The Emerald Door.  Let's visit. 
 
If you know of other eco-friendly spas in the DC area, please add them in the comment section.  I will not likely be able to do a big research project in the short term. 
 
 
Hello, shy feet!  No pedicure is fine too!

No comments:

Post a Comment